The Arts & Crafts Home Interior Design Service
The Arts & Crafts Home team is qualified by education, experience,
and examination to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces.
For the purpose of improving the quality of life and environment;
- Analyze your needs, goals, and life and safety requirements;
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design;
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are appropriate, functional, and aesthetic;
- Develop and present final design recommendations through appropriate presentation media;
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for non-load bearing interior construction, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures and equipment;
- Collaborate with licensed contractors who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and load-bearing design as required for regulatory approval;
- Prepare and administer bids and contract documents as your agent;
- Review and evaluate design solutions during implementation and upon completion.
Scope of Services
We will provide services encompassing research, development, and implementation of plans and designs of interior environment to improve the quality of life and increase productivity. The interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology. Research, analysis, and integration of information into the creative process result in an appropriate interior environment. We can perform any or all of following services:
- Identify and analyze the needs and goals.
- Evaluate existing documentation and conditions.
- Assess project resources and limitations.
- Identify life, safety, and regulation requirements.
- Develop project schedules, work with our experience and knowledge of interior design.
- Determine the need, make recommendations, and coordinate with consultants and other specialists when required by professional practice or regulatory approval.
- Formulate for your discussion and approval preliminary plans and design
concepts that are appropriate and describe the character, function, and
aesthetic of your project.
- Develop and present for your review and approval final design recommendations for: space planning and furnishings arrangements, wall, window, floor, and ceiling treatments; furnishings, fixtures; colour, finishes, and hardware; and lighting, electrical, and communications requirements.
- Develop art, accessory, and graphic/signage programs.
- Develop budgets.
- Presentation media can include drawings, sketches, perspectives, renderings, colour and material boards, photographs, and models. Contract Documents.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for non-load bearing interior construction, materials, finishes, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment for client's approval.
- Collaborate with specialty consultants and licensed practitioners who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and load-bearing design as required by professional practice or regulatory approval.
- Identify qualified vendors.
- Prepare bid documentation.
- Collect and review bids.
- Assist clients in awarding contracts.
- Administer contract documents as the client's agent.
- Confirm required permits are obtained.
- Review and approve shop drawings and samples to assure they are consistent with design concepts.
- Conduct on site visits and field inspections.
- Monitor contractors' and suppliers progress.
- Oversee on your behalf the installation of furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Prepare lists of deficiencies.
- Review and evaluate the implementation of projects while in progress and upon completion as your representative.