WELCOME TO ALL AGENTS
This page of the website is for Arts & Crafts Home affiliates. Once fully registered, please log onto the Agent's Area above. Once logged in, only registered affiliates can use the discussion forum to post queries, suggestions, ideas and criticisms.
For potential agents and to answer your questions, please click on the links below for further information and details. Current territories and agent contact details are listed below.
We are looking for agents in the following areas; Australia, Poland, Sweden, Canada, North America, Scandinavia, China, Germany, South Africa, Belgium, France, Italy and India. This will involve no capital outlay, enabling the agent to work from home with the full range of products and services offered by THE ARTS and CRAFTS HOME.
I can suggest a series of approaches of which, one or more might be most suitable or applicable to your particular circumstances.
- Collate local information for the background information with regard to your territory.
- This makes the products and services relevant to your particular territory.
- I shall collate individual web-pages for each agent's territory.
- This will involve some local research to identify and locate;
- Museums with Arts & Crafts items.
- Local businesses involved in Arts & Crafts Design.
- Local businesses involved with Victorian Design.
- Local Arts & Crafts architecture.
- A brief history of the Arts & Crafts Movement in your territory.
- A suggested 'trail' of interesting visits.
- Local historical and preservation groups and societies.
- Any accommodation with an Arts & Crafts style.
- This process will help you get to know local experts, historians, collections and architecture. You will become the territory expert on local Arts & Crafts history.
- List the site with all your local web-based directories in all the appropriate categories.
- Connect with all your local professionals; decorators, designers, antiques dealers, real estate agents and furnishing stores.
NORTH AMERICAN AGENTS
- There are, that I am aware, 3 premier periodical publications that deal regularly with Arts & Crafts design. These are American Bungalow, Old House Interiors, and Style 1900. Each of these magazines is constantly looking for news items, and it may be that should you contact the magazines directly, they might be interested in writing a feature on your Arts & Crafts business.
- The Victorian Society of America have an affiliate and partnership scheme that may well be of use to agents.
- There are several specialist Arts & Crafts shows and conferences held throughout the year all in various parts of America, these include Seattle, North Carolina, Anaheim and many others, all of which might be opportunities to promote your agency, also many Bungalow and Mission events that may also hold interesting opportunities.
- In your area there may well be many Arts & Crafts, Bungalows and Mission style houses, each of which may well be approached with the possibility of their being interested in Arts & Crafts Home products and services. Also, your local and regional real estate agents may well be interested in our property listing service to promote sales of Arts & Crafts style houses.
- The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), provide an opportunity for agents to make themselves, and Arts & Crafts Home products and services available to professional designers and decorators.
- There are many, many local historic societies, organisations and groups throughout America that perform a wonderful function in maintaining local history, preserving architecture and presenting lectures to members. Many of these societies may be interested in your agency, and the products and services of The Arts & Crafts Home. These local societies and groups are very valuable, interesting and provide a wonderful opportunity for you to become known as a supplier.
AMERICAN ART & CRAFTS WEEKENDS, SEMINARS AND SHOWS
In terms of generating income, from our experience here, the best selling items are; Wallpapers, Fabrics, Custom Rugs, Antiques, Upholstery and Metalwares, and this might assist in deciding the most suitable areas in which to concentrate your initial planning. But, in terms of income per sale, the higher the sale, the higher the agency commission, and it may well be that it is best to focus on the higher end products, such as antiques, rugs and upholstery, but again, in our experience it may well transpire that a big sale arises from an initial sale of, say, wallpaper... I hope these ideas inspire. Mark
40 Gurner Street,
Tel: (612) 9360 9893
Fax: (612) 9360 9779
6271PE Gulpen (LB)
tel : 82 2 322-2640
fax : 82 2 322-2650
Design With Style
29 Wright Street,
Territory: South Island
Website: The New Zealand Arts & Crafts Home
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
3031 N Elbridge Avenue
Richard and Valerie Spanswick
3480 Potter Street
Territory: Oregon, Washington State